Monday, June 1, 2009

WOJ Challenge #32...Brown and Blue!



Hello Everyone!

After a restful weekend, I really was in the mood to create a few cards. I can't speak for everyone else, but there are times when I have to back away from the craft table and simply clear my head.

While looking for different sketches, challenges and inspiration, I decided to make a card for WOJ's color challenge....brown and blue! This color combination isn't a particular favorite of mine, but once my card came together, I was rather pleased with the results.



Originally, my ribbon was blue but that did not work for me at all. I removed the blue ribbon and replaced it with this sheer ribbon from Flourishes and I loved it. Initially I had wanted to incorporate more hints of blue embellishments, but I decided that the blue smock,pants and umbrella were enough and met the challenge requirements.

Card Details...................
stamp WOJ (Willow with Umbrella ), sentiment is from a scrapbook kit, c/s SU and Neenah Solar White 80#, DP by SU, Nesties oval dies, Copic Markers, Swiss Dots embossing folder, paper pierce tool,ribbon, half pearls and Prima Flowers

Thank you all so much for stopping by and have a great day!

hugs

Risa

15 comments:

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Very pretty! I agree!, I love the sheer ribbon!
Beautiful job :*)

Kyoko said...

I am just loving this card Risa. The colors you used go perfectly together and the coloring is perfect as usual! Boy, you really inspired me!

Tina said...

Jeepers Risa, this is the cutest.

cats whiskers said...

Oh this is just stunning what wondeful colouring and such a beautiful papers, thanks for joining us sweetie
Hugs Jacqui x

Kristie W. said...

I love this card! Great job of using the challenge colors.

2 Worlds said...

Wow I didnt know blue and brown would go so well.
This tiny brown flowers are adorable.
Where did you get those?
Great card Risa

Rach said...

A fabulous card risa.xx

Alex said...

Totally fun card Risa - and the colors on the image really make this card pop!! LOVE it! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Denise said...

Another Beautiful card Risa! Love the brown & blue combo. I sure hope you are selling these awesome cards, you can plan a trip to Hawaii with the money.

Elena said...

Blue and brown are my favorite colors!!! Love the sheer ribbon you added! So pretty!
Thank you for reading my tutorial, Risa! I really appreciate it!

Sparkplug17 said...

Your card is stunning! Willow really stands out in the blue.

Rita said...

Oh Risa, this card is so adorable & I just love that ticket, great idea! This image is so cute! You gotta stop being an enabler I just can't afford it! Too bad I just told hubby I would be good till Christmas, darn it!!! :o(

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so gorgeous!! Love the brown and blue with the ticket!! Gorgeous coloring!!

Maria said...

Hey Risa!! Such a pretty card! The dp that you used compliments your image so beautifully. . .especially the colors!

I'm the same way. . .I sometimes just need to step away and do other things. It makes me appreciate crafting more when I haven't done so for several days! Life has to be balanced for it to be enjoyable!!

Maria

Beth Norman said...

Lovely, lovely card, Risa. If you look around, you'll notice a lot of this color combo around now a days. I like the blue scallops against the brown bg. The blue umbrella is lovely as well.