Sunday, June 14, 2009

Just Magnolia Challenge # 9 Paper Piecing!


Are your eyes hurting from the bright flower pattern of my DP yet? Smiley from millan.net I was so into my paper piecing project for Just Magnolia and probably over did it but what the heck....it was fun! Smiley from millan.net To give a bit of color contrast, I stamped the lady bug on some red DP, trimmed and lightly glued the shell on top of the original image. I also added Liquid Glass to the lady bugs shell and Tilda's boots.



Tilda is colored in with Copic Markers. All of my DP is from SU's Pacific Point. To embellish my card, I applied flowers and half pearls. I also used my my corner punch (upper left corner mat) and 3/8 inch circle punch for the sentiment. The sentiment is from TAC.




I'm going to bring this post to a close, I have a lot to do today. Smiley from millan.net The kids are having company and therefore, we have some cleaning to do before their guest arrive. Have a great day and thank you all so much for stopping by!

hugs


Risa

21 comments:

Ila said...

Your Tilda card is Beautiful!!...I love your paper piecing..and the details on this card are Fabulous!!..Hugs, Ila

Anonymous said...

a fabulous card, great paper piecing. hugs rachxx

Donalda said...

Oh hon this is just goregous dear I so love it you are always so creative dear just gorgeous work as always hon
Hugs my friend

debbies said...

WOW - love her outfit!!!! Great job!

2 Worlds said...

She is adorable, from what collection is she from?

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

LOL! That lil smiley guy running around is just too cute!
What a sweet and adorable card! I love that pattern! and her dress is so pretty! Wonderful card!!!
Enjoy your company :*)

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just too cute! I love her matchy matchy outfit!

cats whiskers said...

Hi Risa dear, what a beauty this is love that paper you have used, she looks gorgeous
Hope you have had a good weekend
Hugs Jacqui x

Maria said...

Hey Risa, did you know. . .of all the SU colors. .Pacific Point is one that I've never used. I have the card stock and ink pad but never used them!

Looking at your card. . .the color is fantastic. I love your paper piecing matching the background!! Very pretty!

maria

Bev said...

Oh this is so beautiful sweetie! Such gorgeous papers and fantastic detail! xx

Fe-Fe said...

I think this is a great card. I love all the little blue flowers, they look fab!

Hugs
Fe x

Alex said...

Gorgeous Tilda card, girl, I love those colors! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Jamee said...

Wow, your card is amazing! i like how you made her dress with the same paper that you used in the background!

Andrea, said...

Oh this is gorgeous Risa, I love the colours and papers and your paper piecing is fab

Teri said...

Love this card with Tilda's dress matching! Looks like alot of work Risa! TFS your awesome work! hugs, Teri

Rita said...

Oh I just love what you did with this card Risa & the color just makes this card pop! Awesome job!

Vicki G said...

So sweet! Love your colouring!

Vicki

Jodi said...

Wonderful job with the paper piecing of your card! She is so cute!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Kyoko said...

Love how all your papers and coloring all coordinate so perfectly with each other ... man, you are such an inspiration to me! TFS your lovely creations!

MichelleO said...

I think your paper pieceing is perfect!! Can I order some rain boots like that? LOVE THEM! Really cute card!
HUGS
MichelleO

Barb said...

This is so pretty! Look at all the details! Paper piecing, flowers, punches, pearls, coloring...you are amazing. I love the way you color the Tilda's...so realistic and not over done. Mine tend to come out kind of orange or peach toned. You're the bomb!