Thursday, June 18, 2009

LOTV Challenge #30...Paper Piecing!




Hello Everyone!

Today is Thursday and time for another Lili of the Valley Thursday Challenge. This weeks challenge is paper piecing! This technique is very easy and lots of fun! In a way, it reminds me of when I played with my paper dolls when I was a kid. Do I hear anyone asking "what in the world are paper dolls!" lol Just joking:)



I wanted to do more with this card, but yesterday went by in a blur and I wasn't able to embellish it the way I had planned. I tell you, lately the days seem like minutes and then it is over!

To see the LOTV beautiful DT cards, click here , you will definitely be inspired by some beautiful cards! Remember......you have two weeks to finish your card and you can use any stamp that you like. To submit your card for the challenge, simply link your card to LOTV blog. We can't wait to see your beautiful creations:)


Card details..........
stamp Magnolia's Butterfly Collection, c/s Neenah Solar White, DP all SU, inks Copic Markers, ribbon and half pearls


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Lovely RAK to share from Denise (Denise Loves Stamps)





Denise is full of surprises and was I ever surprised to receive this adorable card and cute Himawari images! Thank you so much Denise!!!

Have a great day and thank all of you so much for stopping by!

hugs



Risa

17 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Your card is just darling! I love her paper pieced outfit.

Denise said...

Risa,
I love the way you do the paper piecing! I am going to try one with one of my Tilda images. You inspire me girl!!

Anonymous said...

A fabulous card Risa, love the paper piecing that you have done it looks wonderful, hugs rachxx

Teri said...

Love your card Risa! You made me laugh with your paper doll comment...paper dolls were fun :) Awesome rak from Denise! She's so sweet (just like you!) hugs, Teri

Dani said...

This is super cute! I love the paper piecing, I never remember to do that!

Vicki G said...

Love your colours and colouring on this card Risa!

Hugs,

Vicki

2 Worlds said...

Many images to play with!
Beautiful card

Rita said...

Hey Risa, great job on the paper piecing! I luv your card! I agree...just like playing with paper dolls!

Lovely RAK from Denise & gorgeous images!!!

Deb Neerman said...

Love the card, Risa! The paper-piecing is perfection, too ... and I love that DP you used!

Kyoko said...

Hi Risa! Such a pretty card ... love the paper piecing technique and your coloring is always perfect as usual. Awesome RAK from Denise ... she is so sweet, just like you! Tomorrow is FRIDAY ... YIPPEE!!!

Elena said...

I like dto play with paper dolls when I was small! I think that was so much fun!
Your card is so cute, Risa! Love the papers you used for paper piecing!
Thank you so much for brinning me nice memories!

Alex said...

Sooooo stinkin' cute Risa, I love the paper piecing!!! Your RAK is great too - I love happy mail!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Beth Norman said...

Love your paper piecing! I think it is becoming a bigger trend, and one I just love. Lucky you for all those RAK images.

Maria said...

Hey Risa! Yup, time sure do fly. I can't even catch up on my commenting. . .arrggh! I feel like I'm neglecting all my blog friends! Furthermore, I've been having terrible lower back pain. I can't sit in front of my computer for too long of a time! I need to see a doctor because it's getting worse.

Love your Edwin card. Even without too many embellishements, your cards are still gorgeous because of your beautiful coloring.

Denise is a sweetheart. She's so generous. Her card is fantastic and wow, love those images. Have fun playing with them!

Maria

Andrea, said...

Oh this is adorable, I love her spotty top and turn ups

Marcea said...

this is gorgeous Risa, fabby paper piecing!!! What a lovely surprise from your friend :o)
-x-

Vicki G said...

I love this one too!!