Monday, June 15, 2009

Is it a card..OR Is it a folder....Why not BOTH!





Hello Everyone and I hope that you had a beautiful and relaxing weekend!

When I became aware of the existence of the "blogging world", I would try different projects and fail miserably! I tried this folder a few years ago and it looked awful!!! I didn't have a lot of the necessary tools then and "eye balling" measurements doesn't always get it. In other words, I wasn't paying attention to links and blog names at that particular time and I don't know who to give credit to for this folder. On a happier note, I just want to thank who ever you are for the inspiration!

My card/folder is perfect for that special gift because the recipient gets a lot of treats all packed into one neat folder. The inside pockets are capable of holding images, small packs of flowers and other goodies.



If you are interested in the details to making this folder, my second ever tutorial is posted on InStyle Stamps blog under Method Monday!



I took a picture of the majority of the supplies that I used. The image is Mellie and she's from InStyle Stamps. the image is from SU. The card stocks are from SU and the DP from PTI. I used my Cuttlebug Happy Birthday embossing folder to emboss the second mat.



Thank you all for stopping by and I hope your have a great day! Today the temps. are supposed to reach 80 degrees and all I can say is "It's about time"! The temps. have been rather cool around here lately and 80 degrees would remind me that summer is actually here! Have a good one!

Hugs


Risa

25 comments:

Nunt said...

I'm a sucker for purple and I absolutely LOVE this card! And you did such a great job with the coloring!

xx,
nunt

Tina said...

Gorgeous! Love the colors.

2 Worlds said...

Thanks for sharing Risa this is great!

Jacilynn said...

Love this folder/card. Great project! What a really cute image. gorgeous Risa!

Linda said...

Hi Risa! I love your folder! They are super easy to make, aren't they? And you are so right about what they can hold! I also love the image you used and of course that the folder is PURPLE!!! Have a wonderful week and take care! xoxo, Linda

Teri said...

Risa, I love your card/folder, so beautiful! The image is fab as always, your coloring is the bomb! Glad to hear that the temps are finally up there. We are having some hot 90's weather here! xo, Teri

Rita said...

This is so beautiful Risa & I luv the colors! I made some of these awhile back (off hand I don't remember where I got the inspiration either) but I luv how you scalloped the pockets, it looks great! By the way you did a fantastic job on the tutorial girl!!!

Sparkplug17 said...

Very cute! I love how you embossed the front.

Fe-Fe said...

This is so cute. I love the little folder and the image on it is adorable.

Hugs
Fe x

Diana said...

Dude. I just can't keep up with you. You are just a total and complete ROCK ROCK STAR!

Beth Norman said...

Wowzers what an awesome folder card. The purple is gorgeous!

Vicki G said...

A card? A folder? One thing I DO know! It's absolutely ADORABLE!

Dani said...

This is SO cute! I love the folder, great job!

Elena said...

So glad that summer is started at your place, Risa! :)
Love your project! The idea with a folder is so awesome! I really love the way how you colored little girl and pearls you added to her hair!

Jodi said...

Wonderful creation Risa!! Love your pretty coloring too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Alex said...

This is sooo cute Risa, and I love that it has pockets, what a great idea!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Denise said...

Risa, I love those folders, I actually made a few myself. They are such a nice way to share images. Love yours, all the flowers are so nice.

Anonymous said...

this is brilliant Risa, a wonderful job. hugs rachxx

Kyoko said...

Your card/folder came out really nice! Isn't it just the PERFECT way to send litle goodies to someone special! LOVE IT!

Gina Wrona said...

Fabulous darlin'! Love it as both a card & folder to be treasured forever!

Hugs,
Gina

Maria said...

Hey Risa,

Awww, Mellie is adorable! I love your folder! It's a great way to send those goodies! Ther recipient will definitely love your RAK!

I love the colors that you used. . .purple don't get enough love!! Beautiful coloring as always!

Maria

MichelleO said...

Really cute! Love your coloring and the folder is wonderful!
HUGS
MichelleO

Barb said...

This is wonderful! Great idea...card and gift all in one. I love the way you have the paper on an angle,so different. TFS

Hugs,
Barb

Melissa said...

Risa, this is super cute! I love these folders - they really come in handy for gifts.

Deb Neerman said...

LOVE this card / folder!! What a great idea ... and such a great way to mail some l'il clear stamps, or stickers, or tiny pearls to a far-away stamper! I'm gonna be casing this one, Risa!!!