Sunday, June 28, 2009

ROP & JM...Two Challenges...One Card and C.C. Designs!


Hello Everyone,

I should have titled my post, "When Good Ideas Go Bad"! It seems that "Mr. Mojo" was up to his old tricks and both cards gave me the blues. I spent way too much time on both and in frustration, I called it quits!!! For example, the Roses on Paper/ Just Magnolia card was going well until I decided to add yellow for Tilda's lace trim. The purple/yellow combination only looked good in my mind. I tried to cover the hideous yellow by adding blue glitter and made it worse! Anyhow, after I get myself together, I plan on scraping off the glitter and color the trim in a deeper shade of lavender.



Back to the double challenge. The ROP challenge is to make a card combining challenges. The only requirement is that you use flowers. So...I decided to incorporate the Just Magnolia Challenge which is a sketch challenge with the ROP Challenge. The sketch was designed by the talented Bev (All The Things I Love). Thanks for the inspiration Bev!

Card Details......
stamp Magnolia (Pink Collection), c/s Neenah Solar White and SU's Whisper White, DP DCWV, Nesties round dies, MS lace punch, Swiss Dots embossing folder, ribbon, flowers, half pearls, and extra fine glitter


*************************************************************************************''
New Digi Download from All That Scraps.......May I introduce you to KiKi!



Kiki is really adorable and I simply wanted to have fun with this image. Kiki reminds me of a collection of dolls that I had when I was a kid. Each doll was only about an inch in height and they had different shades of hair that was scented according their hair color! (red hair..cherry scent, green hair ..green apple scent etc.) I can't remember the name brand of these dolls but I loved them!

Going along with the 4th of July theme, I layered the background with fun 4th of July design papers.




Card details.................
image C.C. Designs Digi Images...July KiKi, sentiment Stampendous, c/s Bazzill and Neenah Solar White, DP PTI and Best Creation Inc., Nesties rectangle dies, corner notch punch, Copic Markers, extra fine glitter, liquid glass, half pearls and ribbon
.


After a long day playing woth my crafts, I'm going to take a break and serve dinner. I feel hungry eyes burning holes through my back. *lol*

Enjoy what is left of your evening and thank you all so much for stopping by!

hugs

Risa

19 comments:

Elena said...

Oh, Risa... I feel the same way some time with my cards... But your cards are gorgeous! I really love the first - gentle, precious, beautiful colors, elegant embellishments!
And Kiki is so cute!!! I love her!!! I really love the Patriotic theme you chose! And your coloring is amazing, Risa! Really, really love it!

2 Worlds said...

Risa I think they both look great despite your " trouble" with Tilda card.
She is so cute, I loved the purple rose

Tenia Nelson said...

These cards are awesome!!!! tfs!!

Rita said...

I luv both your cards Risa! You did a great job covering up the yellow & the sparkle adds a little personality!

Luv the Kiki card it's awesome! I can't believe it's almost July 4th already!!!

Jamee said...

Your cards are so cute! I love the little pearls that you used!

Nunt said...

Risa, I think the skirt looks great as it is - as the card in general :)

xx,
nunt

Kyoko said...

OMG Risa, you gotta be kidding about getting frustrated with your creations ... Tilda never looked better ... IT IS GORGEOUS!

Denise said...

Risa, OMGosh, your cards are so beautiful!! That Tilda one is so pretty, your coloring makes that image make her look so "life like" I look forward to your cards daily....I am still at awe with this Tilda one.

Tina said...

Both cards are just gorgeous. Love the color choices.

Jacilynn said...

lol, I love your magnolia card, but know how you feel, when bad goes to worse.

Super cute image from ATS.
Gorgeous

Maria said...

Hi Risa! I think the yellow would have looked nice but the way you have it is beautiful too! Both cards are so darn cute and so vibrant. I love the beautiful colors. Both are such fun to look at. . .love all the cute dots and circles on the dp of your first card. The patriotic colors on the second card is perfect for the image! You colored the images so beautifully as always!

Maria

Ila said...

Sounds like you had a bad card day....(I can certainly relate with that!..lol)...Both of your cards are Gorgeous though!!...I love the colors on the Tilda card...and Kiki is Adorable...the bright colors and layout you used looks perfect!!.....Hugs, Ila

CraftyC said...

What lovely cards Risa. Love the girl on the rocket, what a fab image and so beautifully coloured!
Clairex

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Sorry to hear that you were frustrated! I think BOTH cards are adorable! I love them!

Elena said...

Hello Risa,
thank you so much for stopping at my blog today. I will be posting a little note tomorrow about coming projects this week. I was workig on one project for the coming blog hop.
Thank you so much for your friendship,
Elena

Teri said...

I think we all go through this mojo loss some time or another. I don't know but it seems like your mojo was still there cuz your card is gorgeous! I really love it. I do know how sometimes when we create, we aren't satisfied because it didn't turn out the way we envisioned it to be, right? I love all of your cards Risa! hugs, Teri

Jodi said...

Both of your cards are so cute!! Love the coloring of course, and thanks for joining us in the ROP challenge!!
I love that cute new image from all that scraps,she is a cutie!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Anonymous said...

Oh Risa, I know how you feel, but I've found it's only us that see the things we think are wrong! Your Tilda is GORGEOUS! I'm pretty partial to purple, so I loved the card right away. I love all the details you added, it really brings it all together! And your coloring is awesome! I also love the KiKi card....adorable! Again, your coloring rocks! Major mojo here as far as I'm concerned! hugz, Mary

Vicki G said...

Your colouring ROCKS sister! Love both the cards!

Vicki