Wednesday, June 3, 2009

InStyle Stamps Wednesday Challenge #2...Father's Day Card!

Good Morning Everyone!

It is beginning to look like a week full of challenges for me! Today is Wednesday and time for another InStyle Stamps weekly challenge. This weeks challenge is to make a card or project for Father's Day.



OK...I know that my image looks a bit young to be a dad, but all of my Anime images sport the younger look. We'll just pretend that Jax is older than he looks. lol

I made my gift card by making a template from a gift card that I received for Mother's Day. The race car themed design paper is by Moxxie and the card stocks are from the Cut Card Stock Company. As an after thought, I made a belly band using a strip of PTI's Black & White Basics DP. After coloring in Jax using my Copic Markers, I trimmed and matted my image and adhered it to the front of the belly band.



Initially, I was going to decorate the inside of my gift card but I ran out of time. So...I simply attached my gift card and added the computer generated sentiment.



To play along with this weeks challenge, all you have to do is make a card using any ISS image and submit it to ISS blog. Check out this link here for the the official rules of our weekly challenges.

Card Details..........
stamp ISS (Jax), sentiments computer generated, c/s Neenah Solar White and the Cut Cardstock Company, DP Moxxie and PTI, Copic Markers, SU's 3/8 round punch and window punch, scallop scissors, half pearls and ribbon.

Have a great day everyone and thank you so much for stopping by!

hugs

Risa

11 comments:

Tina said...

How clever! Love this!!

Lauren said...

Fabulous and super spunky. Great Risa!

Alex said...

This is fabulous Risa - what a great gift card holder! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Sparkplug17 said...

What a great gift card holder! It'll be flattering to your dad to look younger. :)

Teri said...

Love Jax's hair! Your giftcard holder is fabulous! Thanks for sharing your awesome creation!! xo, Teri

Diana said...

This is gorgeous! I love the black and white with the wild green hair! AWESOME!

Jodi said...

Risa! I love your idea for a gas card!! That is a great gift idea!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Elena said...

What a neat idea with the gift card! I love Jax, very handsome young man!!!

Barb said...

VERY cute! I love his hair!

Kyoko said...

Hi Risa! Wow your Jax card is right on! I love what you did with your project!

Ila said...

This is is just Fabulous!! I love the way he looks...and making it a gift card holder is perfect!...You have been busy making fabulous creations Risa...I am so behind this week....It was my twin daughters birhtday yesterday...they were 29...time is just flyin' by!!...Have a Great Weekend!!...Hugs, Ila