Saturday, September 19, 2009

Spilled Lemons



Hello Everyone,
I have been "eye balling " Mo Manning's digi images for quite some time and decided to take the plunge and buy a couple. What I like about Mo's digital Pencil Shop is that she has something for everyone! No matter what your ethinticity is, she has an image for you! I brought a couple of her Afro-American images and needless to say, I will be back for more!



This gift set is going to a childhood friend of mine who celebrated her birthday this past Friday. We have been friends since the third grade and I wanted to create something special for her. When my eyes locked onto this image, I knew that I had to have it! In fact, this image (Spilled Lemons) chose me! The facial expression on this little girls face is just like the facial expression my girlfriend! Just look at those button eyes.....I love it!



I also made a small purse out of the left over design paper that was used on the card. I tried to give an illusion of the sky and grassy grounds with my Copic Airbrush System. I was a little tired after coloring my image and decided to take a shortcut by airbrushing the background colors.


Card Details........
digi image Spilled Lemons by Mo Manning, sentiment SU, cardstocks Bazzill and Papertrey Ink, design paper Imaginsce, inks Copic Markers and Copic Airbrush System. To embellish my card I used ribbon, Friskars Water Threading Punch, sm. edged scallop scissors, Liquid Pearls, half pearls, flower and liquid glass (on the lemons).

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!

Risa

18 comments:

Denise said...

Risa,
This is absolutely STUNNING!!!

Elena said...

Very beautiful card, Risa! Gorgeous colored and I love the gentle flower as an embellishment! Really love your idea with the purse too!
Your friend will love it!

Beth Norman said...

Wow, your colouring really makes this card pop. You are so good! Mo's images are indeed adorable.

stephanne said...

Isn't is crazy how Mo's images grab you on a personal level, plucked straight from your childhood memories? This looks phenomenal, your colouring is out of this world, love the dimension you've given the image, just gorgeous!!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Awww, how precious is this lil girl! Your coloring is amazing! I love the airbrushed background!
Your cards are amazing :)

Hope you had a wonderful birthday!!!
:*) margie

Danni said...

This is just adorable! Wow, wonderful job!

2 Worlds said...

It's precious she is going to love it !

Fe-Fe said...

This is adorable. Such a gorgeous image. Love it!

Fe x

Anonymous said...

Hi Risa`Your card is tRuly beautiful`TFS Have a fa week:)x

Erica said...

Thanks for the heads-up on Mo's digi shop. I visited and was wooed by this illustrators' adorable drawings. Lots of detail. I will deinitely be making several purchases soon. And your card is adorable too.

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so adorable, wonderful colouring and beautiful card.
luv
Debby

Rach said...

stunning Risa, your colouration is fantastic on this image, you have brought the character to life.. your friend is going to treasure this card. hugs rachxx

Tina said...

She is positively beautiful!

Janine said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card!!!

cats whiskers said...

OMG I am lost for words dear this is just STUNNING, I am speechless
Hugs Jacqui x

Maria said...

Wow, girl. .your coloring is out of this world gorgeous. I just love the way you color your images. . .so beautiful!!! I love everything about your card and the purse. . .just gorgeous!

Maria

Ila said...

Oh Wow!!...This card is So Beautiful!!...the image and coloring is Gorgeous!..love the way you decorated the envie too..Hugs, Ila

Barb said...

This is so pretty, Risa...I just can't stand it! You are so creative...and a MASTER with those Copics! The coloring of her skin is just fantastic. I've gotten a few images from MO, too and now I am anxious to make something with them. Thanks for the inspiration!