Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Stampin N' Scrappin With Risa



Hello Everyone,
Today is my turn to host the weekly SNS and today you will be Stampin N' Scrappin with me, Risa. I was inspired by Angie Kennedy Juda to make this treat box with a window.
I put together a picture tutorial and I hope that this treat box inspires you.


Materials needed....



A piece of card stock or heavy weight design paper measuring 5 1/2 X 9 3/4, a tool to score the measurements, scissors, acetate, 1 " circle punch, corner rounder punch, snail adhesive and double sided tape.

1. Score your c/s on the long side, 3/4, 2 3/4, 5 1/4 and 7 1/4



2. On the short side of c/s score 1 3/4 on both sides.



3. Cut out the 3/4 lip and 2/34 section on both sides of the c/s. You should be left with a middle piece like the example shown above. This is the future lip and lid of the treat box.


4. On the opposite end of the c/s, punch out a 1" circle with your punch to the middle panel. I "eye balled" the center distance and pushed my 1" punch in as far as it would go. If you have a SU style punch, you will have to determine how deep to punch out the circle for your window. On the lip of the lid, trim around each of the corners to round them off.

5. Focus on the middle two panels and with your scissors, cut up to the 1 3/4 score line on both the inner middle panels.

6. Flip over the c/s and apply snail adhesive around the perimeters of the 1" punched out circle. Cut out a piece of acetate (1 3/4 X 1 3/4) and carefully place the acetate over the window piece. It should look like this................


7. Apply the dbl. sided tape to the middle outer panels first. Carefully remove the tape from the dbl. sided tape and begin to assemble the box.

8. Apply dbl. sided tape to the remaining two panels and finish assembling the box.

9. I didn't want the lip of my lid to show behind my window and ended up cutting 1/4 of the lip off for a cleaner look.

10. Finished treat box! Simply add candy and decorate! I only had M & M's on hand but something like Hershey's Kisses or peanut butter
cups would show better.

Thanks for joining in with Stamin N' Scrappin with me and I hope that you have been inspired.

Risa:)

9 comments:

Tina said...

So pretty! I love the tutorial!

heidy said...

Hi Risa,This looks very nice,I surtenly gotta try this.
Hugs heidy

Deb Neerman said...

Such an adorable box ... and a great tutorial, Risa! TFS!!

Shirley N said...

Awesome tutorial Risa! Thanks so much for the pattern to your beautiful box!

2 Worlds said...

Risa thanks for sharing this tutorial great box, i will post in my newsletter .

Cami said...

Excellent tutorial (again) Risa! Love the DPs you used and I'll definitely have to try and make one of these. Hopefully soon. Hugs, Cami

Kristine said...

Risa, you did a fabulous job on this tutorial---it's such a CUTE little treat box!! THANK YOU so much for sharing your tut with all of us... I need to try one of these soon! *Ü* Have a super day!

Elena said...

Very cute treat box! Thank you so much for the wonderful tutorial!

Rita said...

Cute project & your tutorial is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing this project with us Risa, your the best!