Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Fun Card for a kid!



Hello everyone!

I would have posted earlier but a girlfriend of mine talked me into playing bingo tonight. Neither one of us won a dime! I tell you...it's nerve racking to be "in" (only needing one number to win) and your number doesn't show up in the monitor. *grimace*
I finished this card this morning and its a birthday card for a young girl. The stamp is a Whipper Snapper Stamp. The paper is from my scrap stash and the turtle is colored in with Copic Markers. I wanted to add a smile to my turtle but, I was afraid that I would ruin it. To make this lil guy fun, I added a pair of small google eyes. I'm a big kid at heart and google eyes still make me laugh! Years ago my husband brought me the ugliest card in the store for Valentines Day. *My husband has awful taste in choosing cards and he knows it!* The only thing that saved him from a series of eye rolls were the google eyes! I wanted to be mad but the google eyes made me laugh so hard that tears were rolling down my face. Well...enough idle chatter for me. I'm off to bed and I hope that everyone has a great evening!


23 comments:

Gail Binette said...

It's adorable Risa. Some men just don't get it.

Courtney said...

Oh, I love the googlie eyes on your turtle! This is just too colorful and cute!

2 Worlds said...

One of my favorites , such a happy, colorful card!Love it !

Lauren said...

The turtle is just too cute. Love everything about this.

Annapurna said...

I play bingo at my kids school bingo night. Everyone that goes to play has to take a prize. A woman takes a woman prize, boy takes a boy one and things like that. So every one is a winner. At the end if you didn't win, you get to go to the table and pick one.
Cute turtle with his googley eyes and love your coloring.

Alex said...

This is totally cute! I just love those little googlie eyes, too adorable! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Alex said...

This is totally cute! I just love those little googlie eyes, too adorable! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Rita said...

I LOVE this card! Everything about it puts a smile on my face, I too luv googley eyes! Love the bright colors!

Unknown said...

so cute, love that little turtle!

Andrea, said...

Wow this is fabulous I love the vibrant colours you have used and the papers are perfect with the stamp. Glad you enjoyed the bingo, it's such fun, shame you didn't win though

Marlou McAlees said...

what a fun, bright and cheery card Malieta!! I love it :) x

Deb Neerman said...

Omigosh, this is just sensational!!! Love it!

I'd play Bingo if I could win once in awhile ... I NEVER win at Bingo. I think it must be genetic 'cuz my mother never could win either.

Allison Rankin said...

You are so good with the bright, fun cards...you should make kids cards all the time!

My Paper World said...

How cute is this!!! Love the fun colours and the Googley eyes! xx

Elaine said...

Oh my word! This card and the cheery colors are brilliant! I love it - makes me happy to just look at it, Mali! Going to check out your other masterpieces...still no camera - I swear, if one of my kids hawked it for skating money or a video game, heads will roll! LOL

michelle sturgeon said...

LOVE these colours, Malieta! Very cute cards!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Sweet card....love it!!!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Wow!!! LOOK at all that color!!! Amazing!!!

:-)

Teri said...

I LOVE this card! Such a happy, happy card!! The googlie eyes really add to it and I love your story!!

Dawn♥ said...

WOW what a bright fun filled card! That turtle image is sooo dang cute and I love the colors of him as well! :)

Little C's Creations said...

this is CUTE and GORGEOUS!! I wouldn't wanna give it away!!! LOL!!! I love love love your colors and your coloring... I totally love this stamp from WH - it's too cute. You know googlie eyes will make anyone smile, and it is well suited here. You did marvelous sistah!

hugs,
Jen

Ila said...

Talk about Super Cute and Fabulous!! this card has it all...the Fun colors, image...and fantastic accents!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable kid card....I always fall short on the kids card inspiration so TFS. Bingo is nerve racking....I can never keep up and have to scan the screen to see the ones I missed.