Wednesday, December 15, 2010

All That Scraps Wednesday....Christmas Flowers




Hello Everyone,
This weeks All That Scraps Challenge is right on time for the season.....Christmas Flowers! I had ordered a couple of poinsettia's but once they arrived, they were way too big for a card and I was very disappointed with my purchase. Needless to say, I guess that whenever I get around to making a Christmas layout, my huge poinsettia's should workout well! *lol*

While deciding on a image, I decided to use Sweet November's Stamp designed by Amy Young (Nixie). Nixie looks like a snowflake flower and I thought that she would be perfect for this weeks challenge. I love the expression of her face, it looks like she is welcoming the winter snow with such joy and glee.

I colored in Nixie's face,arm ,torso and legs with my Copic Markers. To give a hint of color to her snowflake body, I used the markers B00 (Frost Blue*), RV00 (Water Lily) and 0 (Colorless Blender*). Then I used my colorless blender and swiped the tip against the tip of the RV00 until I obtained just enough color on the tip of my colorless blender. Next step, I took my colorless blender and ran the tip over the outer areas of Nixie's snowflake body and repeated this process until I was finished. I repeated these same steps for the inner areas of Nixie's snowflake body but used B00 and my colorless blender. I also repeated this same process on Nixie's fur, I used my colorless blender and B00. To me, this method is perfect when you only want a hint of color. I applied the ultra fine glitter by generously going over the snowflake with my quickie glue pen and then drizzled the ultra fine glitter onto the snowflake and carefully tapped off the excess glitter. I finished my card by embellishing it with ribbon, flowers and half pearls.

For more All That Scraps DT inspiration, click here to check out the teams lovely creations. Should you decide to accept out Christmas Flowers Challenge, you have a week to finish your project. Please upload your card/project to the ATS Blog with the Mr. Linky feature. You have until Tuesday night at 9:00 PM EST to submit your entry. Each week Christine gives away a lovely prize and the winner of our Christmas Flowers Challenge will receive Imaginisce X-mas flowers! I can't wait to see your creations....have fun and shower us with your flower creations! Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope that you have a beautiful day!

card details...... image SNS by Amy Young (Nixie), sentiment Whimsy Stamps (Winter Seals) ...c/s Bazzil and PTI....inks Copic Markers and Memento Tuxedo Black....tools used Cuttlebug's 5X7 Polka Dot embossing folder, quickie glue pen* and Nesties square and square scalloped die....embellishments....ribbon, Kaiser half back pearls(Pearl) , Palette ultra fine glitter and Petal-Loo flowers.........
*.....sold out at this time....*

My card also meets the following blog challenge requirements....

Allsorts - Last Minute Christmas
Ellephantastic - Christmas/Winter
Our Daily Bread - Christmas
Lil Red Wagon - Use a Diecut (Nesties)
Stampin' Royalty - Winter Holidays
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Creative Card Crew - Anything Goes
The Crafty Pad - Anything Goes
AIFactory - Christmas/Winter Holidays
Dutch Dare - Christmas Tag/Card/Ornament
Doodles - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamps...Holiday card minus the colors red and green
ABC DT Challenge....Non-traditional holiday colors

15 comments:

Tamara Morton said...

Gorgeous card love the image and the colour comb. Thanks for joining us at Ellephantastic
hugs
Tamara

Sadilla said...

Wow Risa That's so beautiful!!!! and the image is gorgeous! I love it!
hugs
sadia

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Risa :-) the image is very cute and the papers and colours are lovely :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Debs said...

Oh WOW this is simply stunning!!!
Your colouring is totally awesome!!!
Thanks for playing along with my Last Minute Christmas challenge at Allsorts this week.
Good luck
Debs xx

Helen Laurence said...

a stunning card with gorgeous detail & colouring. Thank you for playing along with Ellephantastic this time. Good luck
Hugs
Helen & Elle DT
x x x

Anette said...

Love the image, great card! Thanks for joining us at DDCC.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Another beauty Risa!! I just love your coloring and all the white with a hint of blue. The embossing adds so much!! Thanks for joining ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week.

Anonymous said...

Your amazing colouring certainly has the wow factor!Such a beautiful card and lovely sentiment.Thanks for joining us at AiFactory :D
Lisa x

papertrails leaver said...

What a delightful card! Love that her body is a snowflake! I so wish my legs were that slim! ;-) Thanks for joining us at Penny's! Amy

Anonymous said...

wow! this is stunning! I absolutely love your card! thanks for entering it this week in our challenge at AIF and i hope we'll see you again!
-Tammy

Fleur said...

A gorgeous card & what fab image
Thanks for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

Julie Foote said...

Beautiful Card, thank you for joining the ABC DT Challenge over at ABC Toys and Crafts.

Jacilynn said...

I love her dark hair! What a pretty card. Thanks for joining us at ABC Toys & Crafts!
Jacilynn

Sharon said...

Beautiful card.
Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty this challenge, hope to see you again next time round.
Sharon x

Courtney said...

Risa...This card is GORGEOUS!!! And I LOVE that image!! Thank you for sharing with us at Penny's. Good Luck and Merry Christmas!

Courtney~