Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Pixie Cottage Designers Showcase Saturday

Hello again,

It seems like ages since The Pixie Cottage has featured a Designer's Showcase but we're back on track! Keep in mind that the designers showcase is not a challenge, the DT simply showcases new and coming Pixie Cottage Stamps.


When I pictured my image (Beary Tiny) in my mind, the image of a baby quilt came to view. I cut out the images that represented spring and new beginnings from DCWV Nana's Kids design paper and pieced together a quilt. After I arranged the pieces, I sewed them together and finished assembling my card.



To give Beary Tiny some dimension, I stamped her twice and adhered the top layer over the original image. I also added spring flowers,ribbon,a button and Stickles as embellishments.

The Pixie Cottage Design Team went "all out" with the designers showcase this week and their cards are totally adorable! To see more of the designers fabulous creations, click here.

card details.... image...The Pixie Cottage (Beary Tiny), sentiment SU, card stocks...PTI and Bazzill, design paper DCWV (Nana's Kids), inks Copic Markers, Embellishment ribbon, button,half back pearls and Stickles...Tools sewing machine, 1" circle punch, paper pierce tool and sm. edged scallop scissors

My card meets the following challenge requirements ......


Cute Card Thursday....Dimension
Crafty Cardmakers.........Spring into Spring
Ooh La La ....A button, A bow and some bling
Pollycraft Monday Challenge....Sparkle


I hope that everyone has a beautiful weekend ! Now that I can finally catch my breath, I can enjoy a little "me time" and catch up on my blogging duties. See you soon!

14 comments:

heidy said...

Oh Risa,I like this,This is so cute and the blancket is gorgeous!!!!
Have a nice day,
Hugs Heidy

Donalda said...

Girl your box and card is just breath taking dear. Such gorgeous coloring as always my friend. Sorry i have been such a stranger but things have been so busy here.
Big Hugs dear

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Look at all your stitching! Way to go Risa! I just love this image. A truly sweet card.
Hugs
Tanya

Janiel/ janny said...

What a cute cute card!!! I LOVE that colors and those papers!!! Perfect for that sweet little image by Tina.
hugs, Janiel

Tina said...

Can't get much cuter than this!

Tammy said...

Cute cute cute!!! I love the patchwork feel to this adorable card and that image is just darling!! Love everything about this!

Rona said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the sparkle you added to your image! and that background is amazing.

Anonymous said...

What a pretty colorful card. I can't believe you did all of that stitching. Beautifully done Risa. I love it!
hugs,
Pam

Rita said...

OMGosh this is so stinkin' cute & I luv the bling & sparkle!!!

Andrea, said...

Another beautiful card Risa, I love the colours and the patchwork background is wonderful

Gina Wrona said...

Oh Risa,
What a cutie pie!

Hugs,
Gina

Adrina said...

Hi Risa,
What a super cute card is this!!
Nice to 'meet' you at the Pixie team.
Hugs Adrina

Elena said...

What a sweet card! I really like the cute layout and sewing! It looks like a quilt! Love the sparkles you added to the bear image too!

Vixykins said...

This is just beautiful! I love the mix of bright happy colors and soft gentle colours!
Thanks for coming to play at Crafty Cardmakers x