Monday, July 20, 2009

Summer Breeze............



Hello Everyone!

After a good nights rest, I woke up super charged and in a mood to create some cards! I really missed my craft room while on my mini vacation but you know what they say...."absence makes the heart grow fonder". At least in my case it did....my fingers were itching to make something!



While trying to catch up on some card challenges, I decided to combine two challenges for my first card. The Just Magnolia Challenge is buttons and the Roses on Paper Challenge is Summer and vacation. This design paper by Piggy Tales (Ants Go Marching) literally screams summer! I mean, what is summer without ants, ladybugs, bees etc. Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net Because the design paper is a bit busy, and I had to incorporate buttons for the JM challenge, I decided on a simple layout.



To avoid my buttons disappearing into the design paper, I simply adhered them onto the ribbon framing my image.

card details..........
stamp Magnolia, card stocks PTI, and Bazzill, DP Piggy Tales (Ants Go Marching), Copic Markers, ribbon, buttons, scrappers floss and half pearls.
******************************************************************************************

RAK From Terri!



Right before I left for my vacations, I received this adorable RAK from Terri (Big Ideas From A Little Girl). I love these Ketto images and the dp is gorgeous! Thank you so much Teri, you truly made my day!

Thank all of you so much for stopping by and enjoy what is left of your evening!

Big Hugs:)


Risa

16 comments:

Kyoko said...

Hi Risa! WOWEE look at that DP ... just too cute ... LOVE IT! You colored your image perfectly as usual! Awesome RAK from Teri ... she's just the SWEETEST!

Denise said...

Your card is absolutely Beautiful! How I wish I lived next to you, so that I can take classes on coloring. That image looks so stunning!! I love those Tilda's. That is a cute printed paper too. Have a nice week.

Linda said...

Hey Risa! Welcome back from your mini vacation! Hope you had a nice time! You have created such a cutie patootie of a card using Miss Tilda! I love everything about it! Even the ants ... have a great week and take care! Hugs, Linda

P.S.: Awesome card from Teri!

Rach said...

a fabulous card Risa, love the design paper that you have used, it is so sweet. Great idea how to frame your image with the buttons. hugs rachxx

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, Tilda looks fab and I love the fun summer paper.
luv
Debby

Beth Norman said...

Welcome back. It's my lucky day you're back--I get to see your lovely work again. Your card is truly adorable. I got a kick out of that paper--he he.

Iris Wiechmann said...

Risa this is gorgeous! Your image is so sweet and colored beautifully. And I also think the DP is just perfect for summer, love it!!!!
Thanks for joining us at the Roses on Paper Challenge blog!

Hugs,
Iris

Lynda Nielsen said...

WOWEE Girl, that card is AWESOME!!! Where did you ever find such adorable DP??? Your coloring for Tilda is beautiful, I especially love the shiny hair... It's just amazing!
Hugs
Lynda =)

Tina said...

Now I am gonna be singing Summer Breeze all day...thanks alot. This card is simply adorable.

2 Worlds said...

she is adorable !

Stephenie said...

This is so beautiful Malieta! All of your stuff is so pretty! I've missed your stuff, I've been away but I should be back. =)

Deb Neerman said...

LOVE this card ... and I LOVE that DP! So perfect with your image ... and so beautifully colored! You the Queen O'Coloring, Risa!!

Teri said...

Just love this card! The DP is just too cute and love what you did with those buttons!! You make the sweetest cards Risa!! xo, Teri

Elena said...

Love this card, Risa! The DP is so cute!!! Amd what a neat idea with a ribbbon and buttons frame! Really like it!

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, the paper is fantastic and you have coloured Tilda perfectly

Bev said...

What a fabulous card sweetie, love all the brilliant details. Delsih papers too. So glad you joined us this week x