Wednesday, May 20, 2009

InStyle Stamps Wednesday Challenge #3...Birthday Card!



Hello Everyone!
Today is Wednesday and this weeks InStyle Stamps Challenge is to make a card with a birthday theme!

I kept my card rather simple because I wanted the spotlight to shine on Mellie holding the birthday cake. The cupcake ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon and the card stocks are from Bazzill and Neenah Solar White #80. My image is colored in with Copic Markers. I also used my Nestie rectangle dies and my paper piercing tool to embellish the scallops. The sentiment is from SU and it is embellished with a pink gem in the flowers center.



We would love it if you all gave the challenge a try this week! For more inspiration, please stop by and see the rest of the ISS DT cards. For more information on ISS weekly challenge, please click here!

Michelle, Kim D., Kim G., Mary and Jodi


InStyle Stamps guest design team news!

We are looking for 2 fabulous guest designers to join our team for the June-July term. Could that be you?

To apply for the guest design team spot:
1. Make a project based on today's birthday challenge.
2. You do not have to use an ISS image. However, if you’ve got one, you might as well flaunt it! Please keep in mind that most of our images are line art, so be sure to show us your coloring skills.
3. Post your project on your personal blog and write about the guest designer call. Then go to this post (you'll need to get the link once the post is up) on the InStyle Stamps blog and leave a link to your blog post in the comment section under that post. Please include your email address so we are able to get in contact with you if you are selected.
4. All entries must be received by 11:59pm PST on Wednesday, May 27th.
5. We will be announcing the winner during the blog hop on Friday, May 29th.
If you have any questions relating to the guest designer call, please contact Melissa at:
instylestampsdt@aol.com

Have a great day and thank you so much for stopping by!

Hugs

Risa

17 comments:

Lauren said...

This is so cute Risa. The ribbon is adorable and the coloring is amazing.

Tina said...

What a darling image. Perfect!

Alex said...

Oooh, this is CUTE!!! I love it Risa, and that ribbon is really YUMMY! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Ila said...

Your card is Gorgeous Risa!!..the image is Adorable..and your coloring is Amazing!!..love that ribbon too!!...Hugs, Ila

Rita said...

Awwwwwwww! What can I say that I haven't already said about your coloring & these images....simply out of this world gorgeous!!!

Maria said...

As always, Risa your card is stinkin' gorgeous especially the bright colors of your card. Your coloring is always so beautiful. I'm seriously lovin' that big bow. It's beautiful.

Maria

Diana said...

GORGEOUS card! I love your attention on that awesome stamp! I really love it when folks make simple cards that I could totally copy :D

Diana said...

GORGEOUS card! I love your attention on that awesome stamp! I really love it when folks make simple cards that I could totally copy :D

Allison Rankin said...

I love the anime look of these stamps...too cute! Great coloring and that big fat ribbon makes it!

Deb Neerman said...

Awesome, Risa!!! Great job coloring ... and that ribbon looks good enough to eat!

Kyoko said...

Hi Risa! FAB job on your Mellie card! As usual, you did an awesome job on your coloring. Take Care!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

This card is so adorable! I love it! The ribbon is fabulous!

Beth Norman said...

Wow, look at this cute card. The ribbon is perfect. Your colouring is bang on. Love the scalloped edges with the holes too.

Elena said...

So elegant and cute at the same time! I love the Bazzil cardstock you used! Ribbon is perfect!!! and your coloring is an inspiration! Love the paper piercing you added too!

Teri said...

Love this Mellie image! This birthday card is super sweet, just like you! hugs, Teri

Barb said...

Risa! This is just too cute! I love your coloring and that ribbon is perfect! Very sweet. TFS

Hugs,
Barb

Kim Ross said...

Great card! I'm totally in love with the cupcake ribbon! :)