Saturday, August 18, 2007

I've been very busy......making a mess :)



I have always admired the look of almost anything altered. So when Maria posted this weeks challenge as anything altered,I had to try it. I studied Maria's tutorials and looked at other blogs as well. I didn't know that it was sooooooo messy! I think I hate Modge Podge. I used my Xyron, almost forgot that I had it! Since I am a novice, I used my cheap papers for starters. The altered book is a $1.00 bargin from Michaels. paper is a scrap of DCWV, flowers by Darices's Finishing Accents and Flower dye-cut from an scrapbook kit. Various assortment of ribbons from Michaels, and Walmart. Sentiment is by Kolette Hall and I also used my Xyron Adhesive Machine.

I had ordered some band-aid tins from Creative Xpress for a great price. Well...the order came in Friday and I could not resist attempting to alter the tin. This is my second altered item, I'm not 100% happy with it but it is decent. I'm still not sure what I want to do with the front of the tin yet, so I just placed a Martha Stewart embellishment on the front.

paper: unknown
ribbon: assortment from Michaels
adhesive: Xyron
embellishment: Martha Stewart

4 comments:

Maria said...

Malieta, I'm not sure what you're talking about! Your altered tin and notebook are awesome! They don't look like a beginner made them! Not at all! They're beautiful and you did a wonderful job!!

Thank you for participating in my challenge! I'll be posting your work sometime this evening!

Maria

Ila said...

Both of these are Lovely! I love the altered book..I've never altered one yet although I have always planned to...maybe one of these days.

Laura said...

First try???? Really??? Great job! I'm not sure about the mod podge either. Where do I put my hands when I using it!!LOL

Tami Grandi said...

I think they both turned out cute!