Saturday, August 18, 2007
I've been very busy......making a mess :)
I have always admired the look of almost anything altered. So when Maria posted this weeks challenge as anything altered,I had to try it. I studied Maria's tutorials and looked at other blogs as well. I didn't know that it was sooooooo messy! I think I hate Modge Podge. I used my Xyron, almost forgot that I had it! Since I am a novice, I used my cheap papers for starters. The altered book is a $1.00 bargin from Michaels. paper is a scrap of DCWV, flowers by Darices's Finishing Accents and Flower dye-cut from an scrapbook kit. Various assortment of ribbons from Michaels, and Walmart. Sentiment is by Kolette Hall and I also used my Xyron Adhesive Machine.
I had ordered some band-aid tins from Creative Xpress for a great price. Well...the order came in Friday and I could not resist attempting to alter the tin. This is my second altered item, I'm not 100% happy with it but it is decent. I'm still not sure what I want to do with the front of the tin yet, so I just placed a Martha Stewart embellishment on the front.
ribbon: assortment from Michaels
embellishment: Martha Stewart