Sunday, January 18, 2009

Lili of the Valley Challenge #14



Good Morning everyone!
The week has passed by so quickly and once again I have neglected my blog. I honestly don't mean to neglect my blogging duties...honest! It seems that I get so busy around the house and although I still find time to create cards, I fall short when it comes to getting them posted on my blog. I'm seriously going to have to do something about this!


This card is for Lili of the Valley's Challenge #14. The sketch was designed by Donalda (Enjoying the Journey), thank you so much for the inspiration Donalda!
Speaking of inspiration, while browsing the blogs for inspiration, I was inspired by Iris's beautiful cards to make a shaker type card. I have always wanted to make one of these cards as well and decided to take the plunge and make one. I found the instructions here and I was amazed at how easy shaker cards are to make! If you are in need of inspiration or in need a template for a project, be sure to check out the resource area at Splitcoaststampers!



Card details.................

stamp- Lili of the Valley, sentiment - SU, c/s SU and PTI, DP PTI's Polka Dot Basics, and acetate for window, inks- Adirondack Pitch Black and Copic Markers. To embellish my card I sewed around the edges of the card mat, used ribbon and flowers. For the shaker contents I used the mini beads that I won from Rina and beads from SU. I also used mounting tape, extra fine glitter, pearls and Nesties lg. circle dies.

Before I sign off I would like to congratulate the new Little C's Divas! Way to go girls and I hope you have a blast...I know I did!

As always, have a great day and thank you for stopping by.

Hugs


Risa

19 comments:

Donalda said...

Oh hon this is just gorgeous !!!!! Such a beautiful card and such gorgeous colors and coloring dear. I love the shaker part just gorgeous dear.

Anonymous said...

This is a very cute shaker card! I love your embellishments! Please stop by my blog for a special gift! =)

LOUISE said...

Awesome Shaker card Risa, love it! Louise x

Jodi said...

cute card Risa!! So glad you are posting again...I have missed you and your creations. =)
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Anonymous said...

awesome job on the challenge Risa!!! I am trying to hit your Follow Me button but I can't!? How do I Follow You????????????

2 Worlds said...

Awesome card

Iris Wiechmann said...

Awesome card Risa!!! Great job on the sketch and I love the image!
So nice that you got inspired by my card :-)

hugs,
Iris

Courtney said...

Oh my goodness! I love, love, love the shaker card! This little ballerina is too precious!!

Lauren said...

What a creative and fabulous interpretation of the sketch. This is fabulous Risa!!!! Love it.

Andrea, said...

Fabulous shaker card, great image

Deb Neerman said...

Wonderful card, Risa! And a pretty fab sketch, too.

Aren't shaker boxes fun?!? Yours is picture-perfect!

~Hugs!

Bev said...

Wonderful card Risa, love your take on the sketch
hugs Bev x

cats whiskers said...

What a great idea to make a shaker, this is just a awesome card dear love the colours and you take on dear Donaldsas sketch
Thanks for joining LOTV again this week
Hugs Jacqui x

Elena said...

I think you did a fantastic job on this card! I really love the idea with the shaker card!

Gina Wrona said...

wow, she looks like she's dancing right off the page!
Hugs,
Gina

Rita said...

This is amazing, great job Risa! I luv it!!!

Barb said...

This card made me smile! This little gal looks like she's having a ball! Great colors!

Maria said...

Hey Risa!! I'm so loving all the cute images you've been using with your cards. I really need to buy more stamps. You are being an enabler! LOL! Argggh, but I can't buy right now. I'm broke but I want to! It's horrible.

I love your card and your layout. The dp is so darn pretty and your coloring of the image. . .you know already, AWESOME!!

Maria

Rina said...

Oh Risa...this is a hit with me. I love purple, I love ballerinas, and I love your shakers. Your embellishing is fabulous!

Thanks for your congrats.