Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Pixie Cottage #30....DT Sketch or Fancy Folds!

This is my second post for today,click here for my ATS Die Cut post.

Hello Again!

Over at The Pixie Cottage, it is challenge time again and as with all of our challenges, you can either make a card based on our sketch or the theme. This weeks sketch was designed by our talented designer Pam and this week theme is fancy folds.

I made a pocket card and I'm hoping that it counts as a fancy fold. My mind sort of went blank for a minute and instead of wasting more time and paper, I made up my mind and settled on the pocket card for my project.
My pocket card features one of the newer Sandra Hammer images, Hannah With Apples. I brought this lovely apple design paper last year and I think it is perfect for Hannah With Apples! To give a little contrast, I added a few left over scraps from my October Afternoon paper pad.
Here is what the pocket looks like on the inside of my card and I kept it rather simple and used a small magnet to keep it closed instead of ribbon. The other magnet is tucked away in the corner of the pocket and I used glue dots to keep the magnets secure.

For more DT inspiration and the official rules, please click here.

card details.....
stamp The Pixie Cottage (Hannah With Apples), sentiment computer generated, c/s Bazzill and PTI, design paper Adorn it and October Afternoon, inks Copic Markers ...tools used Scor Pal, MS border punch, glue dots and magnets...embellishments ribbon,Stickles and a string of half back pearls


I hope that you have fun with this weeks challenge, as we look forward to viewing your creations. Have a beautiful day and thanks so much for stopping by!!!

hugs
Risa:)

9 comments:

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

So very pretty! I love the image and the apple papers you used to go with it! So cute!
hugs, margie :)

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Gorgeous Risa, love all the red, and the surprise in the middle.
hugs
Tanya

Tenia Nelson said...

This is sooooooo cool!!!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Risa!! I so have to try making one of these!! The coloring of the image and your colors and design are stunning!
hugs,
Chris

Sandra H. said...

Very, very pretty Risa! Love the colors!!

Unknown said...

this is gorgeous ! i lvoe the colors u chose to use, and how clever how it opens!!!
tracey

Rita said...

OMG Risa...this is awesome looking, I luv it! Great way to include a little surprise gift, thanks for sharing. I've never seen this before...way to go girl!!!

Anne said...

A beautiful creation Risa!!

Hugs, Anne

Tammy said...

I love this Risa!! Such an awesome card but then all of your cards are awesome!!