Wednesday, August 4, 2010

All That Scraps ...Color Challenge!


Hello Everyone and Happy Wednesday!
Today is definitely "hump day" for me because I three challenges to post. Here is the first of three. Sit back relax and I hope you enjoy!
Moving right along with my trio of Wednesday challenges, All That Scraps wants you to get creative with Chocolate, Kraft and Aqua!

I tossed around a few ideas and settled on using the Kraft card stock as my card base. I complimented the Kraft with Chocolate card stock and a mixture of designer paper. My layout is rather simple and features Fairy Tales Cupcake Belle.



Cupcake Belle is colored in with Copic Markers and her cupcake topping and candle flame are embellished with Stickles. I really love the contrasting colors of aqua and chocolate, the colors compliment each other beautifully and I plan on using this color combination again and again!

To see more inspirational cards from the ATS DT and the rules for the challenge, please click here. We would love to see how you combine these colors and look forward to seeing your creations!

card details.....
stamp...C.C. Designs (Fairy Tales, Cupcake Belle), sentiment MFT, c/s PTI and SU, design papers American Crafts and SU, inks Copic Markers and Memento Tuxedo Black...tools used Nesties sm. circle die & big scalloped circle (small die) and corner punch...embellishments ribbon, half back pearls and Stickles.

Have a beautiful day, enjoy the sunshine and thanks so much for stopping by!


My card qualifies for the following blog challenges
Creative Card Crew...Cute & girly
Die Cut Dreams...Gingham

22 comments:

♥Rach♥ said...

This is just DARLING Risa! I love how you did the colors and your coloring of her is completely beautiful. Love it!

Angi Barrs said...

Beautiful and in my favorite colors too. Great job on this.

Unknown said...

risa...this is drop-dead gorgeous! your coloring just *pops*! awesome job!

Pam Varnell said...

Wowzers Risa, this is fantastic. Your coloring is top notch and you are right, this color combo is definitely a keeper. Love your card.

mycardz said...

Hi Risa!! Ooooo, I was so super excited to see that you were on the ATS challenge team!! Huge congrats and you're a perfect choice, IMO! So glad to be working with you again! And, your first card is a knockout! Just goregous coloring of this cutie and perfect layout! I love it! hugz, Mary

Tina said...

So precious and sweet.

Danni said...

This is so pretty!! Love the bow and the added pearls!

Anonymous said...

Honey is a doll here Risa! Colored so pretty w/a sparkly cupcake! Love that touch of brown! Love her eyelids!
Pam Going Postal

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

I love this Risa!! Honey is sooo super cute here! Fabulous job on the challenge!!

Deb said...

Oh she is just too darling, I love the brown with turqoise, wonderful card, thanks for joining us at DCD this week, hope to see you again
Debs
xxx

Pamela said...

Such a pretty card, your colouring is brilliant. Thank you for joining us at DCD this week.

Pamela x

Liz's creative corner said...

Thanks for joining us at DCD with this gorgeous card, fantastic colours, hugs Liz xx

Ria said...

ahh this is soo beautifull Risa :)
hugs Ria

Dina said...

Awesome! Love the colors, image and layout!

Mel said...

Gorjuss wee card!
Love your wee image, shes so cute!!
Thanks for playing along at Creative card crew!
hugs Melly xxx

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Thanks for joining us at DCD.
Chris x

Teri said...

What a sweet card! I LOVE the color combo you used!!

Cami said...

So cute cute cute, Risa! I love this color combo and I love the layout of your card. She is one of my favorites right now. Hugs, Cami

Victoria said...

gorgeous card Risa - love those colours together and your colouring is fabulous

Thanks so much for joining in with our gingham challenge at Die Cut Dreams
Hugs
Victoria
x

Unknown said...

Oh this is a lovely project, great colour combination. thanks for joining us at DCD this week.
Hugs
Dawn x

Elena said...

What a sweet card! Love these colors!

Karen Howard said...

Beautiful image and design!
Hugs, Karen

P.S. If you love challenges you are sure to love my new blog:
www.felineplayful.blogspot.com