Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wild Flower Patch Wednesday #22.....Grunge!



Hello Again.
Today is Wild Flower Patch Wednesday and that means it's time for another challenge. This weeks theme is "GRUNGE"! I'm a little out of my comfort zone with the grunge style but I'm starting to get the hang of it and it's fun!!!!

I distressed the edges of my design paper with my finger nail and tea dyed distress ink. I frayed my ribbon a bit and air brushed Flower Fairy daisy's background with light Sepia. The next time I make a grunge card, I will airbrush with a darker tone. So......at the end of the day, I think that everyone will interpret what grunge means to them. You can get as fussy as you want.... we just want you to have fun with the challenge!



For more grunge inspired DT cards and the rules of the challenge, please click here.

card details....
image...Flower Fairy Daisy, sentiment Sweet Pea Stamps, c/s Bazzill,PTI& The Cut Cardstock Co., design papers October Afternoon and Graphic 45, inks Copic Markers and distress ink (tea dyed) and background lightly airbrushed Nesties sm. square & scalloped die, MS scallop border punch, ribbon, flower, machine stitching and button


Have a beautiful day and thanks so much for stopping by!


hugs
Risa:)

6 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

It's a lovely card! I love the layout and the pattern paper you used.

Lelia Pierce said...

Very sweet card, Risa! I love the paper and color combo! :O)

Tina said...

So adorable. I just love these images.

Danni said...

Wonderful, wonderful card!

Cami said...

Love your grunge card and how you distressed the edges. This gal is a cutie! Hugs, Cami

Jen Shults said...

I am shamefully late getting around commenting. :( But this is just stunning. I love your subtle grunging on this... and these colors are fabulous together. :D Hugs!