Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Strut Your Stuff!




I really was drawn to this stamp of Miss Anya playing her guitar and I wanted to make a sassy yet fun type of card for her. I pulled together an assortment of design paper and finally settled on using this design paper by Piggytales. I think the guitars are really cute and make a great card for either girl or boy. To keep up with the fun and sassy theme, I added some DP from Making Memories and matted the layers with white card stock .




To give my card a sassy flair, I added red eyelet brads and decided to use two contrasting ribbons.


Well today has been a busy one for me, the kids have a half day of school the rest of the week and this really throws me off schedule. Tomorrow I have two parent teacher conferences and if I'm not too tired, I will try to finish up a couple of cards. Until then, have a great day and thank you all so much for stopping by!


Card Details...................


stamp The Greeting Farm, sentiment Odd Bird Planet, c/s Cut Card Stock Company and PTI, DP Making Memories and Piggytales, inks copic Markers, Nestabilities round dies, ribbon SU , Liquid Glass on the guitar, eyelet brads

Risa

21 comments:

2 Worlds said...

Risa you had the perfect DS, the card is such a happy card !
Loved it

Denise said...

Risa, this card is so cute!! Looks like an American Idol.

Maria said...

Wow your Anya card is rockin'!! I just love that black and white dp. It matches so nicely. Love the guitar patterns too! Such a fun card Risa! Your coloring of Anya is "wow". . .she is such a cutie!! I bought a few of them and I want to buy more. Just can't get enough of them.

Maria

Jan Scholl said...

I gave up shopping for lent and then all the good stuff goes on sale. I will have to get this stamp to make something for my nephew who is sooooooo into Guitar Hero.

So how is it going up Saginaw way? I still am in panic mode with this retirement thing. It might help if they actually got the pension checks correct. there was a deduction this month they had forgotten for the previous 4. Its not like they have never done this right? Well, I am going to bed to read a bit. Or maybe do crossword/logics. Keeps my mind off my stupid family (you got any of those???)

Have a nice weekend. I can handle rain a bit as long as its warmer.

Andrea, said...

Oh this is fabulous Risa, I love the colours you have used and the background paper is wonderful.

Marcea said...

This is an absolutely brilliant card - I love it!! Wonderful colouring .... it is so cool!
-x-

pescbrico said...

Risa, this card is lovely! Your coloring really rocks! Have a wonderful day!

Tina said...

Oh my gosh, I love this. The whole thing, I just love it!

Dawn♥ said...

Ahhh it's absolutely ADORABLE! Love the papers and the image! :)

♥Dawn♥

Sparkplug17 said...

She is rockin'! :) Your card is just darling.

Teri said...

I love this Anya card! The DP matches perfectly! Such a fun card and I love the red eyelet brads and ribbons!! xo, Teri

Bev said...

Absolutely stunning!! Love the beautiful papers and fabulous colouring xx

Barb said...

I really {heart} this card! Look at that face! Excellent choice in DP and your coloring is awesome as usual!

Elena said...

Wow! Anya is real STAR! You made her a star, Risa! I love, love the DP! So perfect! Love the sewing - very beautiful! And your coloring is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Great card, Risa! The colouring is awesome, and the bg paper--wow!

cats whiskers said...

Oh Risa this card just rocks dear, fabulous papers and your colouring of that cute image is just stunning. I have sent you an invite to join the LOTV group can you let me know if you have received it dear
Hugs Jacqui x

Donalda said...

This is just beautiful dear!!!!!!! So love your coloring hon. Your work is always just beautiful!!!!!!!!

Jodi said...

Great coloring on your image!!! Love these cuties from the Farm!=)
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Rita said...

So cute!

Sue said...

beautiful card, fabby colouring,lovely papers, sue.x

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, this is stunning!!!! Your coloring on this is perfection ... as usual!