Saturday, July 11, 2009

Just Magnolia Challenge #13




Hello Everyone,

I hope you all are feeling rested and having a great weekend! After a day of working and washing clothes, I still had a enough energy left to make a card for Just Magnolia's weekly challenge.



This weeks Just Magnolia challenge is to make a card based on a sketch designed by the talented Mina. Thanks for the inspiration Mina!



I drew in a small water puddle for Tilda, I guess I felt a little whimsical or something! *lol* Tilda is colored in with Copic Markers and the sentiment is by TAC. The DP is by PTI and the card stocks are by Bazzill and Neenah Solar White. Due to the fact that Tilda was larger than my largest oval die, I tried this awesome technique that I discovered on Rach's blog. Rach calls this technique the "Out Of The Frame ". This method eliminates cutting out your image and re-matting it. I find that the "Out of the frame" method really saves a lot of time and I like the results! To embellish my card, I used flowers, glitter,half pearls and liquid glass for the rain drops and water puddle.



Enjoy what is left of your weekend and thank you all so much for stopping by!

hugs


Risa

19 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous, love Tilda and what beautiful roses.
luv
Debby

Rach said...

HIya Risa, love your card, great colouring sweetie, love the little puddle that you have added looks sweet. I got the out of frame idea from Katharina isn't it fabulous. hugs rachxx

Beth Norman said...

This is a really, really awesome card! So much thought was put into it by adding the puddle and turning the leaf into a 3-D umbrella. Love the stitching.

2 Worlds said...

This image I didnt know loved it!
I love all the flowers you're using

2 Worlds said...

My second attempt to make a comment blogger not heloing today
Loved this new image at least i didnt know her

Loved also the little flowers

Cathy said...

Hi Risa, This is so gorgeous and creative!! I love the colors and how you used them on your card. The puddle looks really cute. Great job!! Hugs, Cathy

Tab said...

Fabulous card, just love this sweet image! The colours you have used are divine too!
Hugs Tab xxx

Carole said...

Wonderful card, such a pretty Tilda!
Hugs
Carole x

Rita said...

This card is beautiful & I luv your attention to detail as usual Risa! You have always put so much work into your cards & luv your style!

Thanks so much for sharing the Rach's blog & tutorial, I printed it out for future reference...looks so easy!

Janine said...

Beautiful Risa!!!

Deb Neerman said...

WoW, your coloring here is beyond gorgeous, Risa!!! GREAT card!

Elena said...

Very beautiful card, Risa! I love the outside the frame idea! Love the puddle you drew too! Roses look so pretty!

Bev said...

What a gorgeous card sweetie, the image is just so cute (not got this one ... yet lol). Delish papersna d embellies too x

Ila said...

Gorgeous!! I love all the Wonderful details you added...the puddle and glazed raindrops!!...Hugs, Ila

Kyoko said...

FABULOUS Tilda card! You rock girlfriend!

Teri said...

I love how we have just enough energy left after all of the chores just to make a card. I do that too! This Tilda card is so cute and I love the puddle!

Maria said...

What a great idea to not cut out of the image and have it extend beyond the oval! I have become accustomed to cutting all my images. . .LOL! It's like a routine!

Love that Tilda image and wow, what awesome coloring! That added flower is so pretty!

Maria

cats whiskers said...

Thanks Risa for joining JM with such a lovely card, the colours and colouring are perfect
Hugs Jacqui x

Rina said...

So pretty, Risa. Next to green, purple is one of my fav colors. Beautiful work, as always =0)