Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Ila's High Hopes Sketch Challenge



A few days ago I finished coloring my High Hopes stamped image and was at a lost on what to do with it! While browsing and leaving my comments on various blogs, I noticed that Ila has a sketch challenge going on. While studying the sketch, I knew immediately that my stamped image would work well with it. I tried different DP backgrounds but I wanted something different. While looking through my stash, I found this laser die cut paper that I purchased from my LSS. I originally brought this paper for my scrapbook layouts but decided to give it a try on my card and I was pleased with the results.
This card is larger than the normal sized cards.(6 1/2 X 5 1/2) I made it larger because my image is larger than the average stamp. When I purchased this stamp, I got a couple of freebies as a bonus, and the puppy was a freebie! After coloring in both images with my Copic Markers, I cut them out and applied pop dots for dimension. Instead of using a square mat, I decided on a circle and set the girl image within the matted circle. I placed the puppy at her feet. To embellish my card, I used Stickles, gems, flowers and mini-brads. I don't know why the Stickles look so dark, IRL it looks better. I like some sparkle when I embellish but sometimes I don't feel that Stickles is giving me the "umph" that I desire. I think from now on, I'm going to try using an extra sparkly type glitter.
Thank you for stopping by.


25 comments:

Rita said...

Wow! This is so beautiful Malieta! I luv your coloring & your right that laser paper fit this card to a tee & I like how you put the image on top of the circle! This card ROCKS girl!!!

Deb Neerman said...

Omigosh, girl!!!! This is absolutely, fall-off-the-chair gorgeous!

Whoop's, there I go!!

How's my favorite imaginary friend doing?!? The universe treatin' you okay ... overall, I mean.

Ila said...

I love your Beautiful card Malieta!! The die cut in the background is lovely, your coloring of the the cute little girl and puppy is wonderful and so vibrant. I love your sparkly accents..what a masterpiece!! I'm so glad you could play!!..Thank you so much!!

Cardmaking Galore said...

This is really lovely! the colours are so vivid and I like the way you coloured it in

Courtney said...

This is just adorable! The colors, stamps and layout are wonderful!

I love that laser cut background paper!

Lauren said...

This is super cute. The coloring is just so happy and fun. Great work!

Alhambra Club said...

this is adorable, love your coloring, you are fantstic at that and that laser die cut paper is great.

Deb said...

Beautiful card Malieta, I love it, such a sweet image and I love the doggy!

2 Worlds said...

In loved this !
Such a great stamps they are fun to color. !
Hugs
Jana

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Wow, cute card, and that laser die cut cardstock is FANTASTIC!! Love it!

Dawn♥ said...

Wow what a gorgeous CARD! Lots of detail work to appreciate! Lovely job! :)

huntla1 said...

Sparkly or not, this card is fabulous. I love that die cut paper! It looks great and gives so much dimension without adding a lot of depth to the finished card. Your coloring is great. Love your card!

Alex said...

Very very cute!! Love this Malieta!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Andrea, said...

This is so cute, great images and a fab background

pescbrico said...

Great coloring! Lovely card! Have a great day!

CraftyC said...

Its just gorgeous, love the bold colours!
Clairexx

Smriti said...

Love the image and coloring and the matted circle looks perfect with the image!

Corie said...

This is absolutely beautiful -- your coloring is amazing!!!

Maria said...

Wow Malieta! Your card is AWESOME! I really love the swirls in the background and your take on Ila's sketch is awesome! Great job on coloring the image too! Everything about your card is FABULOUS!!

Maria

Fab said...

That's lovely Malieta. I love the effect of the laser cut paper....it works so well. Beautiful card, thanks for sharing.

Marlou McAlees said...

such a beautiful card Malieta :) x

jjcreations said...

This is wonderful, you've put a lot of work into this. Joan

Little C's Creations said...

Malieta, I keep trying to stay away from HH stamps... but gosh girl - you are such an enabler!!! I wanna place my order now.... love your coloring!!! Just gorgeous!!!!

Hugs,
Jen

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

This is one fantastic card! Love it, love it, love it!

Anonymous said...

Wow!1 Fabulous coloring!!