Wednesday, January 19, 2011

ATS Wednesday.....♥Valentine Ideas♥.....

This is my second post for today, please scroll down to see the Pixie Cottage's Love Themed Challenge.


Hello again!
I'm back with this weeks All That Scraps Wednesday Challenge, this weeks theme is ideas for Valentine's Day . Now that the kids consider themselves "too old "to take treats to school, I had think about this project a little bit. At the end of the day, I decided to make Valentine treat boxes. Originally I had made three treat boxes of various sizes but wasn't able to capture all three treat boxes and card into the photo. I think that treat boxes are perfect ideas for gift giving. You can dress them up beautifully for a more sophisticated crowd or make them simple for kids. The possibilities are endless here! I feel my
"mojo" trying to return and I plan to make some fancy Valentine treat boxes for a few of my friends.

Once again I resorted to my scrap bin for design paper and used what I could find to decorate my treat boxes. Both boxes are embellished rather simply, I just add some eyelet lace trim. Of course I had to make a card and decided to feature C.C. Designs Honey Teacher Rubber Stamp. I covered Honey's Teachers apple with my sentiment titled "For You". The base layer of my card was embossed with Sizzix's textured hearts embossing folder. I also used my EK Success hearts border punch to embellish Honey Teacher's mat and added ribbon and Kaiser half back gems for contrast.

Be sure to head over to the ATS Wednesdays Challenge Blog to play along with us. Every week there is a new and exciting prize being offered .... but in order to be eligible to win,your card must include a stamp that is sold in the ALL THAT SCRAPS store..Whether it is one of our wonderful in-house designs or from the various other stamp companies that ATS carries, the choice is yours. Then be sure to link up your creation with Mr. Linky by next Tuesday at 10:00pm EST with only one entry per person please! For more Valentine Day Ideas, be sure to check out the ATS DT Blogs♥

Have a beautiful day and I thank all of you so much for your kind and beautiful words of inspiration. Your acts of kindness truly touched my heart in ways that you could never imagine.

Hugs
Risa:)

card details........
stamp ATS Honey Teacher, sentiment PTI, c/s Bazzill and PTI....DP Yellow Bicycle (on treat bags).....inks Copic Markers, SU Red Riding Hood and Memento Tuxedo Black, tools Sizzix's textured heart embossing folder, EK Success Hearts border edge punch and MS fancy scallop border edge punch.....Embellishments ribbon, lace and half back gems

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Super cute card and projects! Thanks for sharing :)

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely set!

Gina Wrona said...

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs,
Gina

Lauren said...

So sweet! I love the fabric details.

2 Worlds said...

Loved the boxes you're becoming a master coloring little girls they are gorgeous!

Denise said...

Beautiful as always!!! Always come to yoour blog when I need Inspiration :)
Hugs,
Denise

Teri said...

Loving your Valentine's Day card and baskets! Beautiful as always!

Unknown said...

Just wanted to tell you I was thinkin' of you Risa-- I hope things are going better and that you are taking care of yourself.

LORi said...

♥ you my friend!! Thinking of you!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how darling!! Great set! Love your papers and your gift bag design!
hugs,
Chris

Elena said...

Hello Risa,
I didn't see you posting for so long...
I hope you and your family are doing all right.
I am thinking about you...

Jacilynn said...

ooo, this is wonderful. love this!

Uhooi said...

Uhooi,,,
The cards are cute and nice,,
Uhooi.blogspot.com

Uhooi said...

Uhooi,,,
cards are very funny and nice...
Uhooi.blogspot.com

Stephenie said...

Risa, how I have missed you! I hope you didn't forget me. I have had a rough few years but I am back sistah! I am so happy to have found your blog, and as always your still creating beautiful paper stuff. :O)
Hugs,
Stephenie

Stephenie said...

Risa, how I have missed you! I hope you didn't forget me. I have had a rough few years but I am back sistah! I am so happy to have found your blog, and as always your still creating beautiful paper stuff. :O)
Hugs,
Stephenie

mani said...

A cute design is placed , red color is looking good.
Plastic Card
Plastic Cards