Thursday, August 27, 2009

LOTV Thursday Challenge!




Hello Everyone and Happy Thursday!
Does anyone remember when they sat in a chair as a child and your feet would just dangle off the edge of the seat? Well....from the moment I laid eyes on this LOTV Best Friends image, fond memories of me reading my books to my younger brother filled my head. Just thinking about those moments in my life make me smile.



OK......I'm not going to bore you with tales from my youth! *LOL* Getting down to business, today is Thursday and time for another LOTV Thursday Challenge! This weeks challenge is based on the sketch designed by our very own talented DT member, Domi! This is an awesome sketch and I know that you all will have loads of fun with it.

For more inspiration, click on this link and check out the DT cards. I also want to thank all that participated in the last LOTV challenge. We had a nice number of very talented participants! Remember, you have two weeks to complete your card and you can use any stamp that you desire!

Card Details.........
stamp LOTV Little Girls -Best Friends, sentiment Greeting Farm,c/s Bazzill and Neenah Solar White, DP DCWV, inks Copic Markers, flowers, half pearls, dew drops, Nestie circle dies and Friskars treading water punch.

Have a super great day and thanks so much for stopping by!

hugs


Risa

21 comments:

Maria said...

Hey Risa!! Ooh, such a pretty image. . the details are beautiful. Lovely job on your coloring too! Just gorgeous. Tell us about your childhood. . .I love "reading" what people write besides just the crafting stuff. It's fun getting to know the blogger better through their writing.

Maria

Anonymous said...

hehehe Risa I still hang my feet over the chair while I read, does that count? Love the card hun!
have a great day

Tina said...

Wow, wow, wow! The coloring is impeccable. Love this.

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Awww, what an adorable image!!! My boys sit like that together - my 5yo will "read" the pictures to his lil brother ;)

Your coloring is outstanding! You have such a way with colors!!!

TFS :*)
~ margie

stephanne said...

Your card is gorgeous!!! I, too, have memories about reading to my younger brother in "the big chair," but I seem to recall him biting me in that chair more than anything, hmmmm...

Lovely colouring and great papers!!
Take Care,
Stephanne

Rita said...

Oh this image is so darn cute, I luv it and yes I can remember my feet dangling off the chair like that while my dad read me a story! I luv your card Risa!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is adorable, lovely sweet image and fab papers.
luv
Debby

2 Worlds said...

Indeed a sweet stamp !
Beautiful

Mephisto said...

Hi,
thats a lovely Work. Great image and your coloring is still perfect.

Hugs
Domi

Teri said...

What a fab card Risa! I remember those days! Wish I still had time to sit down on the chair and read!! This image is so cute and as always, love the coloring!! xo, Teri

Sparkplug17 said...

What a gorgeous card! I love that image.

CraftyC said...

Your card is gorgeous Risa and I adore the image, so sweet!
Clairexx

Joy said...

this is such a sweet image! I love it! it reminds me of...small kid time too! when my mom & dad used to read to me! now it's me and my daughter! love your card and you did a great job on the layout! thanks for bringing back the memories!

Jodi said...

Risa, this is a cute image! Love the pretty soft colors you used for the card and your awesome coloring too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Vicki G said...

Risa, this is GORGEOUS!!! Haven't been hopping too much......lol...new guy in my life takes away from my computer time!!! Can't wait to see what you've created for tomoz

Hugs!

Vicki

Gina Wrona said...

OMG, Risa!

Your card is absolutely heartwarming! The girls look like they are nestled inside the chair getting a hug from the chair besides each other.

Hugs,
Gina

Little C's Creations said...

It's gorgeously colored Risa... I love to think back to those days too. Now to make memories for our kids to remember as well, huh?!?! I didn't have anyone read to me, but I remember my feet dangling off of a chair. Actually, I don't really remember that, but I have a picture of it, and that's what I see but don't remember? LOL... I do remember eating those lil' ice cream cups... lol.... we need a stamp for THAT!

Hugs,
Jen

Elena said...

Thank you so much for sharing a story from your life, Risa! I remembered my time with my sister when I was reading for her when we were small...
Your card is very precious! And your coloring is fabulous!

Kyoko said...

Such a sweet image and just as sweet card. Your coloring is just AWESOME!

Marcea said...

Stunning work hunny and yes, I remember all these things too - happy times!
Have a lovely weekend
-x-

Daisychain said...

Gorgeous card Risa, love the way you have coloured the image. Hugs Christine x