Thursday, May 21, 2009

Lili of the Valley Thursday Challenge #28..Sketch Challenge!


Hello Everyone!

I'm running a bit late with today's LOTV sketch challenge. My step-daughter came home sick from school yesterday and took a turn for the worse. She broke out in hives and was running a high temp. Luckily, we were able to get her into the doctor's office first thing this morning. She's on some antibiotics and some medication and resting comfortably right now...thank goodness! I was afraid that she had caught that flu virus that's going around, but the doctor said that she's having a bad case of allergies, I sure hope he's right!




This weeks sketch was inspired by Jo Austin! What a fab sketch! Remember, you have two weeks to make a card for the challenge...and that's plenty of time to think of something creative. Please link your creation to LOTV blog. For more inspiration, please stop by and see the rest of the LOTV DT cards and here's a peek at what you could win!

The cute and adorable Moggi!



Card Details........

stamp Pink Petticoat, sentiment SU, c/s SU, tools 1" & 3/8" circle punches, Copic Markers, Swiss Dots embossing folder, half pearls and ribbon


Have a great day and thank you all so much for stopping by!!

hugs

Risa

20 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Great card!!!

Diana said...

Awwwwwwdorable!

Denise said...

Risa,
That is a very cute Grad card! Love the "smart ole Owl" image. Hope you are enjoyng your week. Thanks for the inspiration.

Tina said...

Super sweet!

Marcea said...

Wonderful card hunny - hope your SD improves soon :o)
-x-

Jamee said...

cute card. i like the circles, and the little pearl drops tie them all in!

Bev said...

Wow this is so fab Risa, such beautiful colours!! So sorry I have not visited your blog this week sweetie, I have had so much on I have had to avoid the computer!! x

Teri said...

Oh Risa! I hope your step daughter is doing much better! It's never fun to be sick and with allergies, it's awful while you wait for the meds to work!! Big hugs to her! I just love your card. The sketch is such a fun one and I love that owl!! hugs, Teri

2 Worlds said...

Such a different card from your style Risa, loved it !

Kyoko said...

Hi Risa! I sure hope your step daughter recovers quickly ... hopefully the antibiotics are kicking in. Ohh, I love your grad card ... so precious!

strawberry fields said...

This is a gorgeous card
Fiona :)

Barb said...

This is adorable! I love how you used both sides of the swiss dots...very clever.

Hugs,
Barb

Lauren said...

Very cute and so fun! Perfect Risa.

Teresa Kline said...

totally fabulous sketch and your card is fabo, luv it! have a wonderful weekend *~*

Beth Norman said...

I agree that it is a fab sketch. The circle bg is very unique. Cool owl. I see you put some of your dots on backwards. Another lovely touch.

Elena said...

What a fun sketch! I love the circles!!! Very cute!
I really do hope that the doctor is right, Risa... And you step-daughter will be feeling better very soon!

Maria said...

Love the layout Risa! that owl is a cutie! Love how you embossed the circles!

I'm sorry to hear that your step daughter is sick. I hope it's just a bad case of allergies. The flu is nasty. Hope she feels better soon!

Maria

Andrea, said...

Fab card Risa, the owl is so sweet

Rita said...

I luv this layout & you did an awesome job...luv that owl!

Hope you step daughter feels better soon!

Deb Neerman said...

A great sketch and a fantastic card!!! WoW!

Hope your daughter is doing better now ... nothing scarier than a kid with a high temperature.

~Hugs!!