Friday, October 22, 2010

A Treat For Santa....





Hello Everyone,

Do you remember believing in Santa Claus and how the holiday season made you feel inside? I remember feeling like that and although we didn't have a lot, I wanted to share what I had. While coloring in SNS Baby Cookie, & Milk Girl, a feeling of nostalgia sort of overwhelmed me. I thought about my childhood and how much I believed in leaving something for Santa and didn't care who laughed at my ideas! Yes...those day are long gone but the sweet memories will be with me forever.

Getting back to my card, my layout is based on Mercy Kerin's Tuesday sketch and the tag sentiment was a freebie that I downloaded from Jami (Stamp Happy!) . Baby Cookie & Milk is colored in with Copic Markers and I embellished my card with mini roses and Zva pearls. The design papers are by Graphic 45 and the card stocks by Papertrey Ink (Kraft and Stamper Select) and Bazzill.

I hope that your Saturday is off to a great start and that you have a wonderful weekend! My husband and I are going to treat the kids to a movie and pizza and that's about it! So ...take good care have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!

hugs



Card details.....
stamp C.C. Designs SNS Baby Cookie & Milk Girl, sentiment by Jamie...c/s PTI (kraft & stampers select white) DP Graphic 45...inks Copic Markers....tools sewing machine, air brush compressor, EK Success small scallop border edge punch.....Embellishments Zva mini pearl swirls, mini roses and a tiny amount of Stickles


My card also qualifies for the following challenge blogs....
ABC Challenge....Flowers
Fresh Brewed...Sweet Treats
AI Factory.....Color Challenge (brown & blue)
Case Study...Photo Inspiration...I chose the blingand Kraft c/s
Charisma Cardz...Vintage
Meljens Designs....Anything Goes
Pals Paper Arts....Bring on the Bling!
*****Case Study...Photo Inspiration...I chose the Kraft c/s and BLING! *****
Charisma Cardz...Vintage

24 comments:

Berenice R. said...

Super cute card! :)

Donalda said...

Oh hon this is just beautiful !!!! I so love your coloring dear, your so talented Hugs

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Risa - this is GORGEOUS! Your coloring is phenomenal on this sweet image and I just love the combination of papers and flowers on this!! I agree - My boys are both grown now and I miss those days of counting down and putting out milk and cookies! I love how you used the ticket too! Thanks for the shout-out! :) Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

heidy said...

Hi Risa,your colours always jump of the screen,And I love that
Gorgeous!!!!
hugs Heidy
Enjoy your day whit the kids

Anita said...

Very pretty card. The image is adorable and your coloring is fantastic. Thanks for playing with us at Meljen's Designs this week.

Teri said...

Love your sweet card Risa! Thanks for sharing your holiday memories with us. I remember believing in Santa as well, those were the good ole' days!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

What a stunning colouring work!! I love this card, the ticket is an adorable addition :) Thanks for playing!! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

What a stunning colouring work!! I love this card, the ticket is an adorable addition :) Thanks for playing!! :)

tampatha said...

this is a stunning card! fabulous coloring! thanks for playing this week's blue/brown challenge at AIF
-Tammy DT lead

Renee said...

I totally love your card. Wonderful coloring and the way you used all the little details-embellies, punch borders, stitching...Thanx for joining us this week at AIT. I hope to see you back again. Don’t forget about the blog hop going on this weekend . You still have today (Sun 24th) to enter.
Renee DT

Kelly Bee said...

lovely! the colours are wonderful and you did a great job interpreting Mercy's sketch.

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh, this is so cute. I love the image. TFS.

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, WOW! Awesome coloring! Fantastic job on the CASE...your colors are marevelous and the bling is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study Challenges!

Stampin' Diva said...

Amazing image!! Blown-away by your coloring job. Just the cutest card ever. Thanks for playing along with us at Pals Paper Arts!!

Sparkle said...

What a darling card!

Ann Schach said...

Fabulous coloring! This is such an adorable card! Love the stitching and the bling!

Vee said...

This is a beautiful Vintage creation. Thank you for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Heather said...

Oh could this be any more darling??! I think she is too sweet and your coloring is flawless. Fantastic layout and embellies too!!

Thanks for playing along at Freshly Brewed Challenges this week.

Beth Norman said...

Beautiful work. Your colouring is superb, and so is your layout. That triangular paper really sets the layout off nicely.

Tina said...

This is just delightful!

Sue Kohler said...

this is absolutely fantastic Risa, your colouring is magnificent!!! Thanks for sharing at CASE study this week! :)

paola said...

Fabulous coloring Risa, love all the details of this one too. Your blog is a real inspiration! TFS
smiles
Paola

Elena said...

Very cute card, Risa! Thank you for sharing your memories!

E.T said...

another gorgeous creation!